Friday, December 31, 2010

"How is it possible to love someone THIS much?" -- Larry


This will be a quick post, but today was the most incredible day so far! Mostly, the day was indescribable, because Abigail was really interacting with us. Not just letting us change her and feed her and hold her, but really *playing* with us. She started giving hugs, not just hanging onto us for dear life. For example, she was standing on my lap and then suddenly looked into my eyes, smiled, threw her arms around my neck and hugged me and started giggling. It was the best noise in the whole world.

Larry got her to sing this evening. She repeated his "la la la"s in a sort of little song.

Also, she didn't make us stand all day today either. She trusted us enough to let go of our necks and play. For almost an hour, we sat together and played little games. Larry was the silly one who high-fived her, pretended to steal her toy, and tickled her ribs while I was "base" and she giggled and hid in my arms.

We also took her to the park, but since she is still a litte sick, we bundled her up very well and were only out about 20 minutes.

Tomorrow we fly to Guangzhou for a week in tropical paradise.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. She is an amazing adapter and you will be amazed daily at what she learns and what she does..it is such a blessing. Have fun at Guangzhou. Please let me know if you need anything when you all get home..I am happy to help. You can NEVER have too many pictures! Thanks again for sharing. Cheers and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete